Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Meeting Story Questions

I attended the Executive Directors' monthly meeting at Macy's of Barboursville, WV on Saturday, November 27 at 3 p.m. There were seven voting members, 11 non-voting members and two audience members. The three major issues covered in this meeting were seasonal hiring, sales improvement and percentage of donations for December. These donations were not cash donations but clothes donations to stores like Goodwill. The clothes not sent to Goodwill are usually sold to stores like Marshall's.
This meeting was very informational because I work at Macy's and before attending this meeting I had never heard "behind the scenes" information. I had always assumed they had a set number of seasonal employees to hire and a monthly percentage of clothes donated or sold to other stores. It was a little surprising to hear everyone's opinion on these issues because I talk to these people almost everyday and I didn't know their personal views on store issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment